The records show that Major Robert Barclay OBE formally opened the Hoddesdon Bowls Club (Rosehill) Green on 1st June 1936. So in 2006 the club celebrated its 70th anniversary.
The club started at ‘Woodlands private garden bowling green and in August 1931 the formation of a bowls club adopted with membership not to exceed 20 at the princely sum of 2/6d per annum.
The name comes from a grand house named ‘Rosehill’ opposite the current premises and from humble beginnings the premises overall have improved significantly over the years. A new Club-House was built in 1997 supported by funding from Sport England Lottery Fund and club members.